The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, September 21, 2007

College Football Frenzy

Being away from the blog for the first three weeks of the college football really put a dent in things yet I will try to talk about as much as possible about everybody and everything.

First off the Big 10 is off to a slow start and I don't really care what anyone else says, I still think its the best overall football being played each week. I am not impressed with Wisconsin, they have not played well in their first three games and it is something that could come back to haunt them playing Iowa this weekend. My favorite Badger though, easily Luke Swan. What can I say about Michigan that has not already been said. I thought this would be a team that could contend for a National Championship and was more than excited to watch Wisconsin play them. Then Appalachian State comes into the Big House and kicks their ass for the most part then Oregon does it again the next week. They salvage a win against a piss-poor Notre Dame team. It will be interesting to see how they finish in the Big 10 and if Lloyd Carr still has a job come January. Don't believe the hype behind Penn State and Ohio State, I think they are both pretty good yet I am not ready to call them great.

The SEC might have the best team in the country in the LSU Tigers. They have an NFL-like defensive line that is creating havoc against any team they play. They sent a true message with the ass-kicking they gave to Virgina Tech, we shall see how they do in the upcoming weeks as SEC play begins. Saban and Spurrier are back to their winning ways and I think they are both going to be forces in the SEC this year. Florida will not be back in the National Championship, they look damn good although I think LSU will beat them... twice.

The Big 12/ACC do not do much for me, kind of like that semi-attractive girl at a party, she looks okay but thats about it. Oklahoma might be in the National Championship the way they are playing yet the Big 12 teams in recent years have found ways to fuck it up late in the season.

I am not afraid to say that I love Big East football. I think that its the most entertaining game to watch that Colt Brennen is not in. West Virgina will come out of the four team dogfight yet they will end up with one lost at least. Noel Devine already has lived up to the outrageous hype he got in high school.

Sounds like it will be a fun one.

Later
Charlie.

No comments: