The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Baseball Report

We are now only a week and a couple days from the regular season of Major League Baseball being over. I am glad that before I left for college, I was able to make nine Brewer games (7-2 by the way) so lets get it started with my final thoughts on baseball.

Well here we go, the Brewers have t-minus 9 days to get first place and hold on to the division crown. After tonight's embarrassing lost, they are now 1 1/2 games behind the evil Chicago Cubs. Where the hell is the world famous Cub Collapse, isn't suppose to happen right about now? I do not feel like the Brewers have enough to take the Cubs over. It is truly saddening to think this is the first time I will have a pessimistic attitude this season, the Brewers are done. Thats right I have jumped off the wagon, a guy whose been on it all along just sees bad signs left/right (Hudson/Smoltz, next two days, no Sheets) I will have to pain myself to watch the fucking Chubs in the playoffs, I hope they are swept.

One of the biggest surprises of the entire year was the staying power of the Arizona Diamondbacks. No one expected them to have one of the best records in the bigs. Now the Padres are making a late run which makes the excitement that much greater. They will fight like hell but I think the upstart D-Backs will be the wild card. I like both teams and I hope they succeed in the playoffs.

The one thing that is mind-blogging in both East division is how awful the front-runners are right now. The Phillies and the Yankees (ugh) are closing in on the division hunt. The Yanks will get the Wild Card if everything ended today. This Septemember sounds like the typical Red Sox Collapse (this is what should be happening to the Cubs!!!!!), they are just breaking at the seams. The Mets are just f'n it up in every possible way, exhibit A: tonight against the Marlins. I think the Phillies win that division and the Mets are left out of the playoffs. You will see the Red Sox hold on, yet they will be knocked out by whoever they play in the first round.

We shall see what all goes down in the next week, it should be fun.

Charlie.

No comments: