The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, March 3, 2008

Other Random Basketball Thoughts


I just thought I would make another post because my Marquette and Georgetown one was getting pretty long. So here are some other thoughts about the weekend that was in college basketball because it was a pretty good one.


-Good to see Tennessee and Bruce Pearl got to taste #1 for a week. I personally saw it coming, Vanderbilt had been money all year at home and they had thing for knocking off number ones. What I did not expect was a sloppy game against Kentucky, I thought that Tennessee played out of control and I worry if more of that is to come later on in the year


-As a North Carolina fan, it scares me to think that the Tar Heels are just a turn it on and turn it off type team. They were just getting owned by all means by Tyreese Rice in the first half and then they respond with a huge second half. They remind me of a better version of UConn two years ago that got beat by George Mason.


-This just in Memphis got into another fight! Learn how to control your kids, John. They qualify for the team most likely to have a fight that resembles "Indiana-Detroit".


-Jerryd Bayless is a straight up stud and I hope he stays another year so he can so off his talents to the entire nation. People are losing him in the shuffle between all of the great freshman and if he does return, my favorite for POY.


-I find it amazing that a team in the Big Ten can score 100. I thought that was against regulations of the conference or something. Michigan State was just out of their mind against Indiana. Somewhere Dick Bennett is crying


-Louisville is playing some of the best ball in the nation right now. I would definitely put them in my final four right now if the tourney started today. They just seemed to be truly in the zone and have not peaked. More to come when they play Georgetown this weekend.


-Texas Tech pulled off the first big win for Pat Knight over the weekend, how would they follow that up? With a Speed 2 performance at Kansas 109-51, awesome.


-Stanford once again has another victory, and Mach pointed out "how ugly is their coach". Yes mark it down another reason not to like the Cardinal and their dopey tree.


-Duke pulls one from the jaws of defeat to get Coach K's 800. I have no idea why they struggle so much on the road but then again I really think every ACC team gives their best effort against Duke and UNC.


-Syracuse and Ohio State bubbles are all but popped. It is too bad to for the Orange it would been quite the accomplishment to make the tourney without their top players and led by freshman.


And I am spent.


Charlie.

No comments: