The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pats Go Unbeaten, So Important We Needed Three Networks

As you all saw tonight, the Patriots won their 16th straight game this year and become undefeated for the 2007 regular season. I used to enjoy seeing the Patriots win and I chrished everything they stood for about being a "team" back when they knocked off the "Greatest Show on Turf" plus I called that victory too. In addition, I usually disliked the team they played.... The Rams (Favre 6 Ints, I am done talking about it), Eagles (4th and 26th, once again done talking), Panthers (they just put me to sleep). Hopefully I dont add Cowboys after another heartbreaker but I doubt that.

So why do I hate the Pats now? The media, simply put. I hate how ESPN gives the Pats get their own damn ticker and how I cannot watch a SportsCenter just for highlights of games that night without a breakdown by Big Tuna telling me how historic teams compare to the Patriots. THEY HAVEN'T EVEN WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!! Do this in February and March, and the die hard NFL fan needs something to being intrigued by espicically if he doesn't have the NFL Network since 60 or percent of America does not, more to come on that topic. To sum it up, just like people want their music videos back on MTV, I want my highlights back on ESPN instead of the hype-machine 24/7.

If you are looking for a reason to cheer for the Pats, look no further than the man who feels the fro' is still in style; Mercury Morris and his 72 Dolphins. They are a bunch of babies and should be encourging this team for the way it has played all year. Instead Morris is always yapping about one thing or another. Morris has to lay off the Fro Shine because he was not the best running back on the team, that title belonged to Larry Csonka. Plus the fact that the Phins played the second easiest schedule by any Super Bowl Winner.

Now on to the NFL Network, I am in the minority when it comes to bitching about the NFL Network because at the lovely University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire, they offer both the NFL and Big Ten Network, its wonderful for the main important game I cared about (Packers-Cowboys). I did not put much interest into this one because I thought I would be out and about (didn't happen) and I did not have the NFL Network. Then John Kerry did what every great Democrat does; he whined and finally got his way by broadcasting the game on two count them two major networks! I am guessing CBS decided that it really could not show Deep Impact as their Saturday Night Movie for the 7th year running.

The only good thing that came out of it will be the public outcry to get rid of Bryant Gumbel in the booth. He is just awful and not a play-by-play announcer. I can picture how many times during the short NFL Network season, Cris Collinsworth thought of one or two things: 1). NFL Network better not get 16 games, or I might have to have a noose ready by Decemeber. 2.) Wow, I wish I had that noose right now. I am not that big of fan of Collinsworth either yet I can listen to him during a game.

Seriously for my growing number of fans write this down..... New England will lose Jacksonville. I cannot wait.

Charlie.

No comments: