The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Neuheisel Takes the UCLA Job and Bowl Predections

I am a quiet fan of Pac-10 football, I consider entertaining to watch for the most part and I follow it more than the typical Midwesterner. UCLA made a great hire by selecting Rick Neuheisel as their head coach because he has had success in the college game plus I believe he has something to prove ever since the firing at Washington. He also has a confident swagger that will rival Pete Carolls' at USC making recruiting in the greater Los Angeles area very interesting. He is a proven winner which will draw kids to the Bruins more then every before. I also think the ego factor will add more spice to the USC-UCLA rivalry. Even though Neuhesiel sued the NCCA and won, it should not be a factor but I can bet my bank account he will watch his ass more than ever.

Now on to the Bowl Predictions

I only am doing the January 1st bowl games and the BCS bowls because the other ones are not interesting to the casual fan. I am usually the one who cannot sit through just a regular college football game if I do not have a couple favorites in the game who I can cheer for.

Wisconsin vs. Tennessee- I will take the Badgers in this one because I have watched Tennessee a couple times and nothing they do impresses me. Plus I felt that Wisconsin came on strong in the final weeks furthermore they are getting P.J. Hill back on limited basis which adds even more to their running game. If UW does lose, they should never accepted going to the Outback Bowl being that they are 0-3. UW-23 UT-21

Missouri vs. Arkansas- It does not even matter if Darren Run DMC McFadden is playing in this one because I think that Mizzou is pissed and has something to prove which includes Chase Daniel has a dominating performance he might test the NFL waters. They will take it out on a Razorbacks team who has just got a new coach (snake) so the only thing they have to play for is to make a good first impression on the Snake. Mizzou-35 Ark.-14

Texas Tech vs. Virginia- I am taking the Red Raiders in this one because it seems like Mike Leach being the offensive genius he is, is able to figure out strong defenses such as Oklahoma. I think Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree will have a field day against Virgina. TT-31 UVA-20

Florida vs. Michigan- Sorry they are not going to win one of the Prick (Lloyd Carr). They cannot stop a good spread offense. Remember against the Illini when they won, Juice Williams was in/out of that game. Tim Tebow just needs to not fall under the Heisman curse, I think it will be close for awhile then Florida takes care of them in the fourth. UF-42 UM-28

USC vs. Illinois- Game, set, match. USC is the hottest team in the nation and their defense is quick enough to stop the spread offense of Ron Zook despite the Oregon game this season because in my opinion that was a different USC team. Also playing in the Rose Bowl is like their personal backyard bowl which failed only once thanks to Vince Young. USC big. Trojans-38 Illini-14

Georgia vs. Hawaii- One game that I cannot wait for because I cannot wait for all of the Rainbow Warrior lovers to shut up after they get smoked by the Bulldogs. Knowshon Moreno is a hell of a running back and will be able to keep Hawaii awful defense on the field. I think Georgia too is sick of the hype of this being just like last year and they want to prove it wont happen again. Also once Colt Brennen takes a couple big SEC hits, he will be ready to pack it in hopefully he wont come back for his own good when his Warriors go to the Swamp to open up the 2008 season. UGA-45 Hawaii-24

Oklahoma vs. West Virginia- I think Boomer Sooner is going to roll in this game because they want to wipe away any memories of last year, they are probably the second hottest team in the nation right now, and are playing a team that seems their big players get hurt every other play. Add to that equation that their head coach is gone, they will be lifeless. OU-41 WV-9

Virgina Tech vs. Kansas- The classic match-up of a great offense against a great defense which for the most part results in the defense prevailing. I think Kansas wants to show the world, they are a force after the Mizzou game and in my opinion they are this year Boise State just everyone favorite team. Hate to be a buzzkill but this Hokie defense never quits. VT-27 KU-17

LSU vs. Ohio State- So here is once again the Ohio State Buckeyes playing an SEC team. I think they are in some trouble because the Tigers are healthy and when they were at full strength they wiped out teams. Although in my opinion I expect this game to be close because of Beanie Wells is a pretty solid running back and one of the best they have seen plus the LSU defense has been awful for reasons unknown to me. If that defense does wake up, look out the Buckeyes will be settled with another blowout Also Ohio State wants to prove they can compete with an SEC team and think back to 2002 when OSU pulls off the stunner against Miami, no one though that would ever happen. This one would be as shocking yet still surprising yet again this a backyard bowl for the Tigers which gives them an automatic advantage plus I believe the offense is strong enough to carry them to victory late. LSU-28 OSU-21

Charlie.

No comments: