The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Rest of the MLB at the Break

As I continue to get older, I think that Major League Baseball is my favorite pro sport to watch. There are a couple things that I foresee happening in each division and I will give you my winners and who might choke down the stretch. I am not going to add trade rumors in here because they are going to change in the next couple weeks.

NL East: The Mets have hit the skids recently and have not been looking like they are living up to all the money Omar Minyana (sp) put into this team. I think that the Mets will have a big August (after getting swept by the Crew :) and will pull away from the Braves. Atlanta will not be able to capture the Wild Card and I do not think they cannot even think about moving Andruw Jones with the first half he had. Phillies might be able to give them a run but will need some help in the entire pitching staff before they can even be mentioned.

NL Central: I will come out in the first sentence, Brewers Win! It will not be easy though, the Cubs will nip at their heels and they might even nab the Wild Card eventhough it will be a long shot. I am just trying to keep our Cubs fans interested! The Cards will fall off and will not be a threat. The Pirates will need some pitching help and some big boppers to become a threat.

NL West: This is by far the best division in the NL yet it will belong to the Padres with a strong push by the Dodgers who will capture the Wild Card. The D-Backs and Rockies are not out of the question to make some noise but they will need to grow up very quick under a ton of pressure. Also Barry Bonds will hit 756 at home after visiting Milwaukee where he sits out every game to wait to break in San Fran.

AL East: This will be the Red Sox division no doubt about it. If Schilling is out for the year or for most of the second half, they will find somebody to fill that void. The Yankees will battle but they will continue to not become closer than 5 back. They should fight for the Wild Card but they will come up short there as well. The rest of the division... ho hum.

AL Central: What a great race this will be. Everyone including myself is pulling for the Cleveland Indians to take this division which I think they will because they have a great starting lineup and their pitching staff is led by arguably the Cy Young of the AL. Also their pen has been solid which the Tigers have been awful since Joel Zumaya injury. The Tigers will capture the wild card.

AL West: The Angels take this division and they are going to be the best team in the AL by the end of the season. I could see Seattle making a run at the Wild Card but I think the Tigers are way too good, they will pull that one away. Don't expect Oakland to make their typical run, they do not have some of the things they use to.

So now I will give you my predictions and I promised to be as unbiased as possible

NL 1- San Diego Padres vs. NL 4- Los Angeles Dodgers SD in 4
NL 2- New York Mets vs. NL 3-Milwaukee Brewers MIL in 5

San Diego vs. Milwaukee SD in 6

AL 1- Los Angeles Angels vs. NL 4- Detroit Tigers LAA in 5
AL 2- Boston Red Sox vs. NL 3 Cleveland Indians BOS in 4

Los Angeles vs. Boston BOS in 7

San Diego vs. Boston SD in 6- The Padres will win it because of the amazing pitcher they have and that is what matters in the playoffs.

No comments: